6-7 February 2019 | Brussels
Businesses that measure their emissions have the opportunity to make informed decisions that lead to improved efficiency and reduced emissions. The Logistics Emissions Accounting and Reduction Network project (LEARN) mobilizes business to reduce their carbon footprint across their global logistics supply chains through improved emissions calculation, assurance and reporting. The LEARN project supports companies and other stakeholders in the following ways:
- Provide support to companies through guidance on reporting and assurance and develop a standard menu and template to report emissions for use by customers, governments, programs/labels and others
- Develop educational and training materials for the logistics industry with the focus on road freight transport on emissions calculation, reporting and reduction
- Test and validate with companies the practical applicability of emissions calculation, assurance and reporting in complex multi-modal logistics settings
- Promote and facilitate supportive policy, research
- Develop and involve a LEARN multi-stakeholder network to maximize business uptake of carbon accounting and reduction
Over the past 2 years, LEARN partners have been working closely with related organizations, initiatives and already existing networks. This includes the Global Logistics Emissions Council (GLEC), a voluntary partnership of companies, industry associations and programs, led by Smart Freight Centre. The LEARN project has built on and sought to improve the ‘GLEC Framework for Logistics Emissions Methodologies’ that combines existing methods and fills gaps, making carbon accounting work for industry.
LEARN International Workshop was held in partnership with LEARN Partners & ALICE
Check out more info on the LEARN International Workshop here.